Oil cooler installation 2JZ-GTE
Install oil cooler
- Install 2 new O-rings to the oil cooler.
- Apply a light coat of engine oil on the threads and under the head of the relief valve.
- Temporarily install the oil cooler with the plate washer and relief valve.
Tighten the relief valve.
Torque: 78 N·m (800 kgf·cm, 58 ft·lbf)
- Connect water bypass hoses to oil cooler
- Connect PS oil reservoir
- Install oil filter
- Fill with engine coolant
- Start engine and check for leaks
- Check engine oil level
This guide is based on the book edition Toyota (RM502U, 1997)