- Engine at normal operating temperature
- Air cleaner installed
- All pipes and hoses of air induction system connected
- All accessories switched OFF
All vacuum lines properly connected
All vacuum hoses for EGR system, etc. should be properly connected.
- SFI system wiring connectors fully plugged
- Ignition timing checked correctly
- Transmission in neutral position
- Connect Toyota hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool
Inspect idle speed
- Race the engine speed at 2,500 rpm for approx. 90 seconds.
Check the idle speed.
Idle speed: 650 ± 50 rpm
If the idle speed is not as specified, check the IAC valve.
- Disconnect Toyota hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool
This guide is based on the book edition Toyota (RM502U, 1997)