- Engine at normal operating temperature
- Air cleaner installed
- All pipes and hoses of air induction system connected
- All accessories switched OFF
- All vacuum lines properly connected
- SFI system wiring connectors fully plugged
- Ignition timing checked correctly
- Transmission in neutral position
- Connect Toyota hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool (See page EM-10 )
Inspect idle speed
- Race the engine speed at 2,500 rpm for approx. 90 seconds.
Check the idle speed.
Idle speed: 700 ± 50 rpm
If the idle speed is not as specified, check the IAC valve. (See page SF-45 )
- Disconnect Toyota hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool
This guide is based on the book edition Toyota (RM502U, 1997)